Good day to all of you. I sincerely hope that you have been able to get outside and enjoy the fabulous weather that we have been blessed with lately.
As we are preparing for the upcoming school year, we have put a great deal of thought into what our next year needs to look like in order to meet the needs of our students, parents, teachers, and still provide a safe learning environment. We know that face-to-face instruction is the most effective method for instruction and student learning. We believe that we can meet the safety protocols for our students and teachers and provide a version of school that will operate very similar to what we are used to.
We will increase our safety and sanitation efforts in the following ways:
- We will be providing a hand sanitizer on every bus
- Busses will continue to be disinfected daily
- Every classroom will have hand sanitizer provided
- High traffic areas will be cleaned multiple times daily
- Touchless thermometers will be available in every building for staff members to monitor student well being
- Students will be allowed to wear school- appropriate masks as they feel necessary for their own protection
- Staff members will review and encourage students to practice good hygiene technique.
- Students who show symptoms of illness (coughing, sneezing, fever, etc.) will be isolated and sent home
- Students who exhibit symptoms of illness will be encouraged to stay home, and accommodations for their continued education will be made for them, as reasonable and practical.
We are looking forward to the upcoming school year! We are committed to providing the best possible experience that we can for everyone involved. This pandemic continues to be fluid. As such, we will continue to be responsive and adapt to the existing circumstances, as the situation demands.
Superintendent of Schools