Purpose, Vision, Mission, and Values
Learn, Achieve, Succeed
The Sugar Salem School District staff will maximize the student potential of becoming life-long learners, and promote excellence, through the collaborative support of family, school, and community partnerships.
All staff members of the Sugar-Salem School District, in partnership with the community, are committed to provide an educational environment where teaching and learning can adapt constructively in a changing society. We emphasize demonstrable lifelong skills, knowledge and values that develop responsible and contributing members of society.
- Positive attitude is essential to learning.
- Safe and secure surroundings are essential to learning.
- Civic responsibility is essential to the success of our community, state, and nation.
- Each person should have an opportunity to reach their potential. Developing a student’s full potential is a shared responsibility of the student, family, school and community, each actively participating.
- The recognition of success promotes the desire for future success.
- Each individual can and will learn in their own unique way through varying learning styles.
- There is an inescapable relationship between our example of integrity, honesty, and love of learning and its influence on others.
- Extra-curricular and co-curricular activities are important aspects of learning.
- Positive self-image is fostered by a focus on the individual.