August 1, 2017
Welcome Back! As our new year begins we would like to share some information with you.
Did you know?
- Many of our school breakfast and lunch items are made from scratch. Our cooks peel about 550 pounds of fresh potatoes for our mashed potatoes and gravy!
- Breakfast is free to all district students and served at each school about 30 minutes before the first bell. Studies show that students who eat breakfast have fewer absences and have shown better performance in the classroom. Please encourage your students to fuel up with a healthy school breakfast.
- You can monitor your student’s meal transactions in Power School. Just contact your school secretary to learn how to set up an account.
- You can pay for lunches on-line at: myschoolbucks.com. A 3.95% transaction fee is charged by the service provider. Payments are also accepted in the Food Service Office and each school office. Debit / Credit cards are not accepted in the offices.
- A new free / reduced price meals application must be completed each year even if your student qualified for free / reduced price meals previously. Student status from last year is valid for the first 30 operating days. If a qualifying application is not received by then, the status will change to full pay and parents will be responsible for paying all incurred charges.
- Free and Reduced Price Meals applications are available on the district web-site, all School Offices, the Food Service Office and the District Office.
- Lunch at Central and Kershaw is $2.45 for students; Lunch at SSJH and SSHS is $2.70.
- Students at Central and Kershaw are allowed 3 unpaid meal charges; students at SSJH and SSHS are allowed 2 unpaid meal charges
We’re looking forward to a great year!
If you have any questions please contact us at 356-8802 option 7.
Sugar-Salem School District Food Services
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.